Today's smart security options have become more capable every year. Even so, you may still neglect to complete basic security tasks like activating your a security system, shutting the garage door, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these things in the future? When you implement geofencing in Kennewick, you can just leave the house and make your home security system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Kennewick For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual boundary along the sides of your property, which you are able to customize within your smart security app. The technology then utilizes your mobile device to deduce when you cross the perimeter and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices utilize to communicate with other connected equipment. The technology aids your security system by putting all elements onto one, unified network. You are then able to set up a virtual “fence” around your property and designate the specific actions you want to occur when you go past the boundary.
For instance, as soon as you pull away from your property, you can set your security system to secure your front and back doors, lower the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you come back home, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your smart thermostat.
These are some of the components you will be able to command with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Various electronics like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can use your home’s security system in Kennewick. With the ADT Control app, you are able to make the most of smart home automation. Just tap your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Program schedules: program your smart alarms and cameras to operate at predetermined times. Direct various lights to turn down to tell you that it's bedtime, or deactivate your alarms as you start your day.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make specific components engage in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to activate the connected fan if a smoke detector trips. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway if your doorbell camera detects strange movements outside.
● Customize scenes: Create scenes featuring various devices that function in unison. Have your lighting lower, the temperature go down, and the locks engage when it's time for bed. Or program the system for TV night with specific lighting and temperature settings.
● Geofence your security: It's easy to forget to enable the security system as you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Kennewick
Whether you desire additional reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you drive away or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (509) 240-8704 or submit the form below to start designing your ideal security system.