Security cameras can simply be used as a warning—a display that tells burglars or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your home security cameras to strengthen your home’s security.
Thankfully, modern security cameras are equipped with an array of additions all designed to enable total protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording functionality and 2-way talk or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion detection, these additions enable you to have the most from home security cameras in Kennewick.
How To Set Up Your Kennewick Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
The first step to improving your home security cameras is placing the components in the best places around your home. Interior security cameras should be placed in high traffic spots like the kitchen or den. It’s also a great notion to set a camera pointed at main entryways, stairs, or other common areas thieves would have to move around to access the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras should offer you a clear view of your patio, front walk, front and patio, garage, and other exterior isolated buildings, like sheds. You can always get a view of your main entryway through a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations inside your interior that are less vital to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, setting a camera in the vicinity could reduce your privacy. You can always add window or motion detectors if you want some type of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Optimize Home Security Cameras
Component location is only the beginning in getting the most from home security cameras in Kennewick. The features shown below help to elevate security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See instant notifications on your phone anytime strange movement is detected. You can also program cameras to begin capturing footage when movements are discovered which serves to boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your security cameras to capture footage and store clips so you can view them anytime.
- 2-way audio: The majority of modern security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually speak to anyone with the camera. Through your security app, you can make it seem you’re inside the building or greet your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, provides a more comprehensive view of any space. Opt for cameras that allow for at least 120° angle lens or that are able to pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your security cameras come with either infrared or LED sensors that will pick up clips of overnight motion.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more exact, program activity zones. For example, you can program your doorbell camera to inform you of movement taking place on your yard or your porch and ignore traffic passing or foot traffic.
- Mobile app: security app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera feeds, direct cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send instant notifications when the detect unusual motion around your home.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Kennewick is more simple. From rapid motion detection to 2-way audio, your security system is elevated from merely a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (509) 240-8704 or complete the form below to start customizing your home security and camera system today.