Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Kennewick? As a general rule, you have three major regions of your property for video surveillance: your main entry, the outside perimeter, and key interior rooms. While your security installer will be able to advise where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Always Defend Your Front Entryway
While you might find it unlikely that a burglar would attempt to simply stroll through your home’s main entryway, 34% of intrusions occur at this passageway. You can also count porch pirates among other risks to consider. A video doorbell is perfect to tackle all of these worries with an HD, wide angle lens.
Video doorbells are extra useful as you can speak with all guests who come and ring the bell. Through your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you may answer every ring with two-way communications and real-time footage and look like you’re home. When someone attempts something nefarious, you will have your camera instantly capture footage and deliver it to your smartphone with a text message.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your External Cameras
Determining where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is often a difficult task. Luckily, there are some useful recommendations to make sure your property is defended properly.
- Corners of your Kennewick house offer a better viewing angle, letting you see two parts of your exterior.
- Just below an overhanging eave or straight into a length of cladding or edging are perfect spots for surveillance devices as they will be partially concealed by your home.
- Over your garage, as the garage door is an easier entryway for intruders than you might believe!
- Overlooking a deck or back door -- or any doorway not in clear view from the road.
For each installation, you should always trim away any bushes or tree limbs that might obstruct your view.
Recommendations To Enjoy The Best Results From Your Indoor Surveillance
You have more options on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your residence in Kennewick. But the additional adaptability results in there being more factors to consider:
- Beware of Sun Glare: While you’ll want to ensure your windows are secure, the sunlight that enters via a window may cause glare and affect your video recording. Point the front of your camera away from any direct views of windows to eliminate this problem.
- Use Your Height Advantage: In the same fashion as an observation deck, a surveillance device positioned in an elevated area will provide a broader view. Consider putting your cameras on top of bookcases or affixed to the ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your video equipment will lose its ability to safeguard your home if it’s damaged or destroyed. Place your security cameras where children or pets aren’t able to tamper with them. You could try mounting or another means to secure them to make sure they won’t wobble if inadvertently knocked into.
- Houseplants and Decor: The best security camera will fail to be of much use if there is a decorative item or plant in the way. But it’s important to note, decor or foliage can also serve as a means to conceal your surveillance installation. Just be careful they don’t impede the view!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and additional security components, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the perfect system for your entire property -- defending every square foot. Simply contact (509) 240-8704 or complete the following form to get started.